August 6, 2022 – Ps 44, Pr 4, Job 30

The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
Proverbs 4:18 NIV

This makes me think of Sanctification. Ones we put our trust in Jesus and accept His gift of salvation his righteousness is credited to us. So, because of Him we are on the path of the righteous. If we walk with him and stay in His light. The SON shine we will become more and more like Jesus and shine ever brighter until we reach the goal of Glorification which comes when we are finally in His presence for eternity.

Thought for the Week: Sanctification

They detest me and keep their distance; they do not hesitate to spit in my face. Now that God has unstrung my bow and afflicted me, they throw off restraint in my presence.
Job 30:10‭-‬11 NIV

Have I not wept for those in trouble? Has not my soul grieved for the poor?
Job 30:25 NIV

As I read this I wondered how many times I have done to others what the people did to Job. How easy it is to look at someone else and see their current circumstances from our limited worldly perspective and react to our thoughts and opinions of why they are where they are without knowing anything about them. It’s even worse when like Job we know the person and still look down on them based on what we see in the current situation instead of remembering the person that we know them to be.

Lord, help me to not do this any more. Help me to look at others through Jesus eyes. To see their struggles and sufferings and respond to them with love and concern instead of judgement and detachment. Help me to see the good.

1 thought on “August 6, 2022 – Ps 44, Pr 4, Job 30

1. Proverbs 4

20 My son, pay attention to what I say;
    turn your ear to my words.
    21 Do not let them out of your sight,
    keep them within your heart;
    22 for they are life to those who find them
    and health to one’s whole body.

23 Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it.

24 Keep your mouth free of perversity;
    keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
    25 Let your eyes look straight ahead;
    fix your gaze directly before you.
    26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
    27 Do not turn to the right or the left;
    keep your foot from evil.

Such simple words to guide us…so hard to do. But if we guard our hearts…the rest will fall into place ❤️🙏.

Job 30

15 Terrors overwhelm me;
    my dignity is driven away as by the wind,
    my safety vanishes like a cloud.
    16 “And now my life ebbs away;
    days of suffering grip me.
    17 Night pierces my bones;

Working with the geriatric population, I’ve heard time and time that their dignity has been taken away for so many reasons. Because they need help to do their daily living tasks, their bathroom task, anything. They fear for their safety, at times as they find theirselves alone with people who should be caring for them, do not. Fear of being alone and falling, etc.

These once strong, vibrant and active people, with an entire life of history , now depend on the others to take care of them. Those that they served all of their lives are now to serve them.

I have seen many good things in this arena in which I work, but I have seen so many unbelievable things, heartbreaking things.

Working in the physical therapy field I see many people, of all ages, young to old that are trying to recover from an injury, and the one thing they all have in common is not being able to do things for themselves and the humbling and humiliation of it all.

The anticipation of getting better… the first question that it’s always asked is how long do you think this will take.

I am blessed to have the opportunity to work with this elderly population that I absolutely adore. I am thankful to see them as Jesus sees them, to hear them as if Jesus would hear them and to be able to provide a moment of laughter, of help without hindrance, of peace to each and every life that I have touched.

Those that I have helped rehabilitate within all other generations, I pray, Lord, that I have brought you glory. And I thank you for the career that you helped me obtain, although short-lived, as I battle my own physical issues. I trust your timing Lord and knowing that whatever purpose was served in that time was for your glory. I pray that I am able to continue to be a servant to those I can.

I pray in my own physical battles with an auto immune disease and from past health experiences that I am able to accept the service of others m, when needed. I pray and I know that they will be sent from you.

4 You are my King and my God,
    who decrees victories for Jacob.
    5 Through you we push back our enemies;
    through your name we trample our foes.
    6 I put no trust in my bow,
    my sword does not bring me victory;
    7 but you give us victory over our enemies,
    you put our adversaries to shame.
    8 In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.

Psalm 44