November 29, 2022 – Ps 5, Pr 26, Isa 60

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness; with you, evil people are not welcome. The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong; you destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, Lord, detest. But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple.
Psalms 5:3‭-‬7 NIV

David was in no way sinless just like no one is sinless. These words are not saying that God does hates every person who sins. He hates sin but He loves us. Everyone is sinful and therefore separated from God. “with you, evil people are not welcome.” That is why we cannot come before God on our own. If we are arrogant enough to believe that we can be saved on our own merit or under our own power, we cannot stand in His presence. We are living in a state of wickedness. Again, the heart is the key. Everyone sins. But when God reveals our sin to us the condition of our heart is known by God and if our heart is humble, we can surrender ourselves, “bow down” to God’s and come before him “in reverence” we can come into His presence through His love which Jesus Christ is the embodiment of. Thanks to Jesus when we lay down our requests before the Lord, He does hear us, and we can wait with genuine expectation that He will respond.

This reminds me of a conversation with a friend yesterday. He was telling me that he was feeling badly about doing something at his work that is not really ethical. I know that he prays daily and has seen God working in his life. He was asking for prayer for a new job that would take away the temptation to give into the unethical practice. I advised that his bad feelings were likely a conviction from God to not partake in the practice. He technically can choose not to participate but it would directly affect his income earning ability. I told him that sometimes God waits for us to turn from a sin and turn to Him before He will answer a prayer. In a situation like this when we chose to do what is right and risk the lack of provision it is like saying to God, I trust You Lord! When we fully turn our hearts to follow what He is telling us to do and we are determined to do the right thing He will know and then He may provide what we are asking for.

1 thought on “November 29, 2022 – Ps 5, Pr 26, Isa 60

1. Isaiah 60
    20 Your sun will never set again,
    and your moon will wane no more;
    the Lord will be your everlasting light,
    and your days of sorrow will end.

Thank you Jesus for loving me, for choosing me and for your faithfulness.