July 26, 2022 – Ps 33, Pr 24, Jn 16

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
John 16:13‭, ‬15 NIV

Yesterday I talked about recognizing the prompting of the Holy Spirit. One of the steps of discerning if you are hearing from the Holy Spirit is to recognize that the Sprit will guide you in truth. Jesus is truth the bible is truth. Anything that comes from God will be able to be supported by scripture and will NEVER contradict scripture. There will be no changes to it and no new revelation. Truth now is the same as truth from the beginning of time.

Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, “Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me’? Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
John 16:19‭-‬22 NIV

This is the first time reading this that I see that even though Jesus is taking about His second coming, the disciples did weep and mourn when He was crucified and then in a little while, 3 days, their grief was turned to joy. And no one was able to take their joy away. They joyfully shared the Gospel until their deaths. Even singing song of praise while in prison.

1 thought on “July 26, 2022 – Ps 33, Pr 24, Jn 16

1. John 16
    33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Jesus thank you for the peace that you bring to my heart, to my mind, to my body and to my soul. Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for loving me and thank you for showing me that my greatest ministry for your kingdom will come from the deepest hurts I experience. Help me use the pain of this world to show the joy of yours.