August 2, 2022 – Ps 40, Pr 31, Job 28

I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly.
Psalms 40:10 NIV

To be like the man after God’s own heart we must not hide His righteousness. We should speak of His faithfulness and saving help. We should make the Gospel known everywhere to everyone.

Lord give me the word to speak at every opportunity that youngive me to share.

Where then does wisdom come from? Where does understanding dwell? It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing, concealed even from the birds in the sky. God understands the way to it and he alone knows where it dwells,
Job 28:20‭-‬21‭, ‬23 NIV

Again we see Job speaking the truths that we read in Psalms and Proverbs. Good is the source of all wisdom.  And any wisdom we recieve does not compare with God’s wisdom.  We cannot comprehend His wisdom therefore why doubt Him.

1 thought on “August 2, 2022 – Ps 40, Pr 31, Job 28

1. Psalm 40
    1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
    2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
    he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
    3 He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
    Many will see and fear the Lord

I feel the above verses deep in my heart. I know this…sickness, pain and heartache will come again…my prayer is I remember His faithfulness and this milestone of the peace I feel, as if late, the peace I once thought would never be mine, and traverse the next mountain with the strength of the trinity and the peace He plants in my heart. I know joy does come in the morning.

5 Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us.

Yes!!!

7 Then I said, “Here I am, I have come—
    it is written about me in the scroll.
    8 I desire to do your will, my God;
    your law is within my heart.”

Amen!

Job 28:1-11
    Commentary overload….but powerful.

Precious things….
    1. Out of our sight, to teach us not to set our eyes upon them,

2. Under our feet, to teach us not to lay them in our bosoms, nor to set our hearts upon them, but to trample upon them with a holy contempt. See how full the earth is of God’s rich…

….They must grapple with subterraneous waters (v. 4, 10, 11), and force their way through rocks which are, as it were, the roots of the mountains, v. 9. Now God has made the getting of gold, and silver, and precious stones, so difficult,

* 2. What pains men take, and what vast charge they are at, to get this wealth. They work their way through the rocks and undermine the mountains, v. 10.
    * 3. What hazards they run. Those that dig in the mines have their lives in their hands; for they are obliged to bind the floods from overflowing (v. 11), and are continually in danger of being suffocated by damps or crushed or buried alive by the fall of the earth upon them. See how foolish man adds to his own burden. He is sentenced to eat bread in the sweat of his face; but, as if that were not enough, he will get gold and silver at the peril of his life, though the more is gotten the less valuable it is. In Solomon’s time silver was as stones. But,
    * 4. Observe what it is that carries men through all this toil and peril: Their eye sees every precious thing, v. 10. Silver and gold are precious things with them, and they have them in their eye in all these pursuits. They fancy they see them glittering before their faces, and, in the prospect of laying hold of them, they make nothing of all these difficulties; for they make something of their toil at last: That which is hidden bringeth he forth to light, v. 11. What was hidden under ground is laid upon the bank; the metal that was hidden in the ore is refined from its dross and brought forth pure out of the furnace; and then he thinks his pains well bestowed. Go to the miners then, thou sluggard in religion; consider their ways, and be wise. Let their courage, diligence, and constancy in seeking the wealth that perisheth shame us out of slothfulness and faint-heartedness in labouring for the true riches. How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! How much easier and safer! Yet gold is sought for, but grace neglected. Will the hopes of precious things out of the earth (so they call them, though really they are paltry and perishing) be such a spur to industry, and shall not the certain prospect of truly precious things in heaven be much more so?”

Now me….lol
    20 Where then does wisdom come from?
    Where does understanding dwell?
    21 It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing, concealed even from the birds in the sky.

Search for it more strenuous than searching for the treasures of the earth….

27 then he looked at wisdom and appraised it;
    he confirmed it and tested it.

Like a jeweler looking thru a pinnacle God sees our beauty and our flaws…we are valuable.
    28 And he said to the human race,
    “The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom,
    and to shun evil is understanding.”

Amen!